If you’re going to work with me, I have a process. This process helps provide you with the best quality of work to fit your needs. See below how I work through a design project.
- First, I meet with a client and learn about their business and goals. Here, a scope is defined for the project, getting to the core of what is wanted so I may create what you need.
- I research the market, target audience, competitors and industry trends for the business. In this step, I generate and gather ideas. Word associations and opposites, visual references, metaphors, and similes are used heavily in my design process.
- I brainstorm and design a few concepts based on the design brief and my research. A lot of blood, sweat, tears, and lots of coffee go into this step.
- The concept is presented to the client, explaining my reasoning behind my design choices (you know, referencing that research stuff).
- Sometimes the first concept drafted is exactly what the client wants…. But sometimes it’s not. I make revisions based on the feedback given and the discussion on the designs I presented.
- I send the client’s revised designs and keep communicating. Communicating is very important to ensure we stay on the right track and are making the revisions needed.
- I get down to making the client 100% happy with their final design (rounding up is for slackers).
- I output the files. Whether it be for web or print, I present the client with the file type needed.
- I archive all files including the concepts not used. You never know when that idea could be re-vamped, referenced, or used again. Or it could just remind me of the stuff that didn’t work so I don’t try that more.
I’m ready to work with you – give us a call today at The High Road Agency. We can handle any and all of your design needs!